Wildlife Rehabilitation

The Hirundo Animal House Wildlife Rehab Center is unable to accept animals at this time.

We suggest you contact a game warden with the Maine Warden Service.  The Orono Dispatch Center phone number is 1-800-432-7381.

If you come across a wild animal in need of help and it is in danger, call a licensed wildlife rehabilitator for instructions on what to do.

Listing of rehabilitators

You can also reference this document, for additional information.


If you find the need to report an animal cruelty or neglect complaint during business hours
8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday:                                                                                                                                                            207-287-3846                                                                                                                                                                                    1-877-269-9200 (Toll Free)                                                                                                                                                              email: animal.welfare@maine.gov

For an emergency outside of business hours: Call the Orono Barracks of the State Police,                                                                                      207-866-2121, and they will contact an Animal Welfare Program representative

For more information visit: State of Maine Animal Welfare 


Comments are closed.