Hirundo Wildlife Refuge Trails are accessible 7 days a week from dawn to dusk.
Gate 1 will be open Wednesday through Sunday:
April 15 – October 31 from 9 AM – 6 PM
November 1 – April 14 from 10 AM - 4 PM
There are no charges, admission fees, or membership. We welcome your donations for your support will enable us to maintain this invaluable resource for everyone’s use .
Hirundo’s wilderness can be taken at your own pace, or you may choose to join a group tour or participate in one of our many programs.
- Canoeing on Pushaw and Dead Streams, either as part of our guided tour or on your own
- Seven miles of hiking trails
- Three Interpretive Trails with self -guided brochures
- Snowshoeing and Cross Country Skiing in winter
- Diverse plants, abundant wildlife, and birds all seasons of the year
- Inspiration for nature photography
- Environmental programs for families and schools
Please sign the guest registry at Gate 1, 2, 3 or 6
Parking is available at Gates 1, 2 and 3
Please call ahead for canoes
No smoking or fires
No shooting or trapping
No motor driven vehicles or bicycles
No digging, picking flowers or rocks
Carry in / carry out
FOR YOUR PROTECTION: STAY ON THE COLOR CODED TRAILS